Going into its second year, the Zimbabwe International Women’s Awards (ZIWA) stands as one of the few prominent platforms that celebrates and honours the achievements of Zimbabwean women across the globe.
This awards show was created by Juliana Jonathan and Maud Goba in 2013 and is growing from strength to strength. With the goal of honouring and magnifying unsung heroines, the ZIWAs shine a light on Zimbabwean women and their successes which have mostly been invisible within a patriarchal society.
The search for exceptional Zimbabwean women has officially begun with ZIWA 2015 now open for nominations. People are encouraged to submit nominees to ensure that unsung heroines are officially recognised for the excellent work that they are doing and the benchmark they are setting for their communities and the country of Zimbabwe.
Founder Juliana Jonathan says “Everyone knows of a Zimbabwean woman who is making a significant impact within her environment whether it’s in business or her local community – this is why we have 22 categories so that we can include these achievers at every level of society. We have made it very easy to submit nominations this year. We encourage you to not just nominate, but also to help us spread the message so we can applaud ALL successful Zimbabwean women who are making strides in Zimbabwe and across the globe. ZIWA 2015 will continue to serve as a platform to empower, inform, highlight, influence and challenge the perceptions of Zimbabwean women, and the nominations are the first step in that process.”
- Artist of the Year
- Actress of the Year
- Author of the Year
- Blogger of the Year
- Business Woman of the Year
- Community Champion Award 2015
- *Courage Award 2015
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Fashion Blogger of the Year
- Fashion Designer of the Year
- Humanitarian Award 2015
- Inspirational Woman of the Year
- Media Professional of the Year
- Motivational Speaker of the Year
- Musician of the Year
- People’s Choice Award 2015
- Professional Woman of the Year
- Sportswoman of the Year
- Women’s Collective 2015
- Young Achiever of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award 2015
Nominations will be open until the end of June 2015, after which the panel of judges will go through a rigorous process of shortlisting the nominees. The ZIWA nominee shortlist will be announced in August 2015 and public voting for the shortlisted nominees will open soon after.
Winners of ZIWA 2015 will be announced at a glittering ceremony on Saturday 3 October at an iconic venue which will be revealed in August.
Key dates for ZIWA 2015 are listed below:
- June 2015 – Nominations open
- July 2015 – Selection panel shortlists nominees
- August 2015 – Nominee shortlist announced and voting opens
- August 2015 – ZIWA 2015 tickets released and venue details announced
- 3 October 2015 – ZIWA 2015 Awards ceremony